For the period October '98 - July '99 a large number of people with mental disorders from Sofia have called the Dara center asking for suppor and free medicines. Cards for free treatment in the center were issued to 100 of them as the capacity of the center was limited.
The patients were kept on record in the center and regularly examined by the doctors. Free medicines were distributed to the needy. Dental treatment was also provided to most of them.
Individual work with the patients as well as group therapy for those with similar problems were carried out by the psychiatrist. Activities aiming at gaining social skills were organised and additional help in overcoming social problems was offered to the patients.
- developing adequate health care services on parish level;
- form an attitude of belonging to the parish community through combining the health care services of the Social Medical Center with the educational and cultural activities of the Parish center for social programs;
- initiating mutual support activities within the community - involving the laity and the clergy in diakonia activities for supporting the needy in our parish.
The Christian Medical Group members are highly motivated young doctors specialized in psychiatry, internal diseases and dentistry.
Individual work with the patients, psycho-pharmaceutical treatment, training courses for the patients' relatives on clarifying the nature of the disease and the possible ways to approach the mentally ill person, group treatment of patients with common problems.
Social and legal advice office
Both patients and relatives will be consulted on:
- the legal status of the mentally ill people
- the conditions for prescribing oblgatory medical treatment
- the procedure for compulsory hospitalization
- the possibilities for vocational fulfillment of the patients
- social insurance and social protection of the mentally disabled people
- family rights and relations.
Internal diseases office
Examinations and diagnosing the health status, prescribing treatment, regular check-up, home visits.
Dental therapy, dental surgery, dental Prosthetics.
Is provided to mentally ill people with an income lower than the social minimum for the country.
The Christian Medical Group issues a card for free treatment in the Social Medical Center after the patients present a document from Social Welfare services verifying that the income is lower than the social minimum for the country.